Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You know architecture. You’re passionate about design, have between 2 and 5 years of relevant experience, and earned your bachelors and/or masters in architecture. You’ve completed your ARE for licensure. While preferred, a license is not required. You have the ability to perform quantity take-offs and advanced cost estimating and edit CSI/MasterSpec for project requirements.
- You’re knowledgeable in local codes and standards. You have a solid understanding of the standards for advanced architectural planning and programming and possess the ability to perform City of Chicago, NFPA, ANSI, and IBC code reviews and prepare code evaluations.
- You’re a highly-motivated people-focused person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. Connecting and communicating with people is important. As an aspiring leader, you work well independently or on a team.
- You are proficient with business and design applications. You’re knowledgeable in discipline-specific design software tools. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency are a must; Microsoft Project is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll work on architectural design projects. You’ll conceive, design, and prepare working drawings for new or modified structures in a variety of markets. You’ll independently perform architectural assignments involving conventional types of plans, surveys, and investigation for private and public projects. You’ll help coordinate interior design, site planning, and engineering to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
- You’ll lead projects. While they may start out small, you’ll have the ability to manage architecture projects. You’ll be responsible for daily supervision of the work performed by junior architects in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for private and public work projects. You’ll keep the design support team productive and efficient throughout the project.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll work closely with both our architecture and facilities engineering teams. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and interface with clients with the goal of building lasting relationships. Similarly, you’ll interface directly with vendors.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.