Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a leader in the Buildings market. Highly-motivated with at least 15 years of diversified engineering experience, you have advanced leadership and communication skills that enable you to effectively mentor and lead. You’ve spent at least five years managing or supervising a team responsible for the planning, design and construction of facilities engineering projects.
- Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and you’re a licensed professional engineer. A master’s degree will certainly stand out.
- You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You have exceptional presentation and communication skills and a proven ability to mentor and lead teams.
- You’re a strategic thinker that takes planning seriously. You possess advanced knowledge of project management software systems and have highly-developed budgeting, financial analysis and reporting capabilities as well.
- You have a passion for cutting-edge technologies. Your technology leadership and vision ensure a group is provided with state-of-the-art technologies to deliver superior projects on time and within budget.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for all aspects of technical quality, management, and profitability of our Buildings division’s contracts. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Division Manager to lead the division forward. You’ll help inspire a team of more than 30 professionals (and growing) to build upon our 30-year history in the Buildings sector.
- You’ll lead by example. You’ll model our core values and implement our corporate mission and vision statements. You’ll participate in developing the strategic vision for the Division and promote awareness of the direction. You’ll work directly with key managers to develop plans to meet these objectives.
- You’ll have a hand in Marketing. You’ll help set and meet marketing objectives, aid in business development efforts, and actively participate in the proposal process to achieve or surpass revenue targets.
- You’ll connect with clients. We believe it’s what sets us apart. You’ll develop and maintain client relationships to help us deliver best-in-class client service.
- You’ll enhance our reputation. Our clients’ trust is critically important to us. You’ll ensure that Primera’s management systems and processes for keeping this trust are followed and continually improved. You will act promptly to identify and manage risks and opportunities in achieving client satisfaction.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You will foster an environment of knowledge sharing and technical expertise. You’ll mentor managers to build strong, healthy, engaged teams. You’ll help establish development and succession plans for key positions and identify key hires while actively participating in sourcing and recruiting.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.