Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You know drafting. You’re a CAD enthusiast with at least one year of experience or technical training using AutoCAD/Microstation. A high school diploma is a must; even better if your studies took you further.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re a detail-loving drafter. You’re meticulous and have a knack for quality. We need someone who can draft with the best of them.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or Microstation proficiency is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll flex your drafting muscle. You’ll prepare drawings from engineering and/or field markups for designers and engineers. You’ll coordinate CAD for projects and be responsible for initial drawing setup. You’ll assist in file management, scanning, plotting, creating and updating project drawing lists and general drawing management.
- You’ll prepare drawings for permits. You’ll comply with requirements by local villages, road and rail authorities, etc.
- You’ll ensure adherence to company and industry standards. The details make the difference. You’ll apply our standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures in preparing design drawings. You’ll archive CAD files in accordance with company standards.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.