Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re the next big thing in civil engineering. You have a passion for your work, between two and four years of experience, and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering. A PE is preferred, but not a requirement.
- You have a working knowledge of key civil design elements such as grading, drainage, geometrics, and standard construction practices. You also have knowledge of relevant codes and standards like CDOT, CDWM, IDOT, ADA, AASHTO, and MUTCD.
- You are a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency and AutoCAD are a must; Knowledge of Civil 3D and MicroStation are preferred. You possess knowledge of discipline-specific calculation software tools.
What You'll Do
- You’ll execute designs for both public and private utility projects. You’ll prepare and review calculations, such as storm drainage, oil containment, electrical cable pulling, earthwork quantities, and cost estimates. You’ll assist with field surveys, preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications; as well as review record/shop drawings and atlases to layout existing underground utility locations. You’ll also prepare and review sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work, and you’ll perform plan drafting using CAD software.
- You’ll continue to develop your professional knowledge and abilities. In carrying out related engineering tasks through the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria, you’ll hone your decision-making skills under the supervision of lead engineers and/or project managers.
- You’ll be responsible for project CAD coordination.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and begin to build relationships with utility owners and city engineers – with all the help and guidance you need from your supervisor.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.