Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re interested in commissioning projects in the Utilities sector. Highly-motivated with at least five years of on-site construction management experience, you possess a strong interest in utility projects and are familiar with substation equipment and systems.
- You’re knowledgeable on all relevant standards, codes and practices. You have advanced knowledge of utility design and construction standard practices, utility safety practices, and OSHA policies. Likewise, you have knowledge of appropriate engineering and construction codes.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project are a must.
- You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff, clients, contractors, and vendors alike. You enjoy leading and mentoring people.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for the overall planning and coordination of site commissioning activities. You’ll provide planning and documentation for the commissioning of substation equipment verifying acceptable operation and safety of equipment and personnel, as well as provide leadership in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods with relevant team members. You’ll provide support during the planning, pre-outage, construction, energization, and post-energization phases of our projects.
- You’ll review plans, design drawings, and specifications for constructability and to ensure that project design requirements are satisfied.
- You’ll provide on-site oversight and keep an eye on the schedule. You’ll prepare and/or monitor construction and commissioning schedules and provide recovery plans if the schedule veers off track.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. Leading by example, you’ll foster a culture committed to knowledge sharing and industry-leading technical expertise.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.