Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
• Basic Knowledge of industry standard practices
• Basic knowledge of customer design tools and resources such as MicroStation and Asset Suite 8
• Skilled in MS Office
• Strong Delegation/Communication/Team skills
• Working knowledge of Discipline-specific calculation software tools
• Ability to work independently with some direction
• Knowledge of overall design process – ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
• Minimum 1 year of experience with power delivery systems
• Some college preferred
What You'll Do
• Leads the design on small basic projects
• Assists senior designers in the preparation of scoping documents and fees
• Prepares and reviews drawings and specifications
• Maintains project documentation, including scoping documents, design input documentation, quality check lists, project filing, etc.
• Resolves design questions with supervision
• Manages scope and quality review process for their projects
• Develops a disciplined work plan and design basis
• Monitors /resolves technical issues and manages time effectively to complete projects with some supervision
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information on Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.