Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s in electrical or architectural engineering is a must; having your EIT is a plus.
- You know electrical engineering. With at least one year of experience under your belt, you’re equipped with knowledge of electrical standards and key design aspects for lighting, power, and fire alarm systems. You understand electrical circuiting for power and lighting as well as key telecommunications, mechanical, and architectural considerations as they relate to electrical equipment. You also understand industry standard and loss prevention practices.
- You are a people person. While the ability to work independently is important, you are skilled at interfacing and collaborating effectively with other team members at all levels. Your strong organization, communication, and presentation skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Revit skills are a must; knowledge of electrical-specific calculation software tools is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll exercise your electrical engineering skills. You’ll prepare: electrical load short circuit and voltage drop calculations; electrical power, lighting, and fire alarm drawings; and punchlists under supervision. Likewise, you’ll complete electrical schedules, size feeders, branch circuits, and panels. You’ll also assist with the review of electrical shop drawings and offer your opinion of probably cost for Division 26 equipment and systems.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings.
- You’ll spend some time in the field. You’ll perform surveys and field observations of electrical systems and equipment.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and interface with clients with the goal of building lasting relationships. Similarly, you’ll interface directly with vendors to evaluate and select equipment, with the help of your supervisor as needed.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.