Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re studying electrical engineering. You’re enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and have an interest in power engineering. Whether a pre-engineering freshman/sophomore or more advanced in your curriculum, you’re passionate about what you’re learning and boast a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- You’re an eager student looking to gain hands-on experience working in an office environment. You’re highly-motivated and looking to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom toward delivering unique solutions for real-world clients. Prior internship experience is a plus, but definitely not required.
- You’re a people person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. Connecting with people is important. You’ll work side-by-side Primera’s team of power engineering experts.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office is a must while AutoCAD is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll apply what you’re learning. You’ll perform field surveys documenting existing conditions, and prepare calculations, drawings and materials lists, details and exhibits.
- You’ll gain well-rounded experience. Working on all types of projects from our Chicago or Lisle, IL offices, you’ll be mentored by experts in your field to enhance your current classroom curriculum. We learn by doing, so you’ll be given a good deal of responsibility and tasked with communicating project activities with your team.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- Resume-building experience in a professional environment that can help you launch a successful engineering career
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.