Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied engineering. You have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural engineering with a minimum of three-to-five years of energy engineering experience. An EIT will help you stand out.
- You know energy. You possess knowledge of performance parameters as well as current and emerging technologies for HVAC and electrical equipment and systems, as well as key industrial system components, with respect to energy efficiency and conservation. You understand the principles of power generation, renewable energy and energy recovery technologies, and energy consumption metrics.
- You’re knowledgeable on all relevant standards, codes and practices, including ASHRAE standards, IECC regulations, and USGBC rating systems with regard to energy efficiency.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. You’re skilled in Microsoft Office, with an especially high proficiency in Excel. You’re trained in AutoCAD and/or Google SketchUp, with basic knowledge of discipline-specific energy calculation software tools such as IES, DOE2 eQUEST, Sefaira and/or TRNSYS. An understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software tools is preferred, but not required.
- You are a people person. While the ability to work independently is important, you are skilled at interfacing and collaborating effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
What You'll Do
- You’ll prepare energy model simulations, as well as assessment and benchmarking reports, in accordance with client and firm standards.
- You’ll assist with field audits of buildings and/or EnergyStar on-site validations of equipment and systems.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You’ll learn from and be supported by senior-level energy engineers. You’ll conduct research on energy grant/incentive/rebate status and updates and assist with the development of client-specific applications. You’ll also prepare energy-related training materials.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.