Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re highly motivated with a minimum 1 year of experience or technical training in GIS or CAD required. A high school diploma is a must; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, geographic information systems, or geography from a national recognized higher-level institution preferred. Certification in ESRI ArcGIS and/or GISP Certification is a plus.
- You have an understanding of electrical distribution facilities.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. You’ll process work efficiently with others to stay within budget.
- You’re very comfortable working across the Microsoft Office suite, as well as AutoCAD or Microstation. Skilled in the use of GIS software including ESRI ArcGIS or GE Smallworld is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll handle GIS data editing, entry & maintenance work in support of electrical distribution design for multiple jobs including overhead to underground conversions, new business, facility relocation and road widening
- You’ll contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members and proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback. You’ll collaborate with engineers & designers. You will ensure quality of the electrical facility designs and communicate with clients to resolve data conflicts in an enterprise GIS data versioning environment.
- You’ll learn new technologies and business processes and step outside of traditional GIS roles. You’ll utilize Business Process knowledge related to Asset Management, Electrical Distribution Design & work management.
- You’ll work within project budgeted hours while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues; identify and address client needs, communicate with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, and demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information on our company please visit: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.