Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re passionate about lighting design. You have at least one to two years of experience. Previous internship experience definitely counts!
- You’re a people person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. You’ll work effectively with Primera’s expert team of engineers and architects. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency are a must; Familiarity with Revit and AG132 is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll provide support to engineers and architects with lighting design including lighting layouts, specifications, details, and lighting calculations. You’ll assist with plan drafting (using CAD software and 3-D modeling) as well as field surveys and documentation.
- You’ll be in charge of project documentation, including energy analysis, fixture selection, sketches, and technical comparisons.
- You’ll assist in developing lighting solutions to design problems, and assist the group leader in ensuring that documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control, and best practice standards.
- You’ll be responsible for the execution of construction documents that incorporate lighting and control systems.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.