Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You know transportation. You are a licensed professional engineer who studied civil engineering and has at least 15 years of transportation experience, including at least four years supervising others. You’re knowledgeable in industry standards, codes, and practices.
- You understand permitting. You’ve worked with the likes of the Chicago Department of Water Management (DWM) and the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District as well as local, state, and county agencies.
- You are a multitasker with strong research and problem-solving skills and an enviable attention to detail.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively. You boast good verbal and non-verbal communication skills, enjoy working in a team and connecting with others, and have a natural ability to lead and mentor.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and MicroStation and/or AutoCAD proficiency are a must; working knowledge of Civil 3D or Geopak is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll help lead our transportation team forward. You’ll manage both projects and people. You’ll be responsible for designing and reviewing specific project components through the application of standard engineering practices and techniques, such as grading, drainage, pavement, roadway geometrics, detention, and utilities. You’ll be charged with the development of project scopes, budgets, invoices, schedules, and progress reports as well as overseeing and reviewing work performed by others to ensure adherence to Primera’s QA/QC guidelines.
- You’ll connect with people within your team and across the firm to coordinate project activities.
- You’ll flex your business development chops. You’ll build positive relationships with clients on projects and have a hand in marketing Primera services to existing and potential clients. You’ll also assist in the preparation and review of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You’ll foster an environment of knowledge sharing and technical expertise. You’ll help mentor and train your team.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.