Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain daily reports and provide advanced review of project schedules.
- A commitment to safety.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 20 years of experience required; a background in electrical construction is strongly preferred.
- Certifications in construction inspection preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Minimum 2 years of college preferred.
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with building customer and utility to ensure inspections are completed in a timely manner and equipment is ready for livening.
- Prepares daily summary reports of construction inspection activities
- Examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standards and design documents
Vault inspection responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs ground resistance testing.
- Inspects equipment foundation forms, vault room lighting and ventilation, fire rated doors, & customer’s on-site conduit (associated with primary/high side cable only) prior to encasement, when applicable.
- Completes all documents for livening, ready to start, equipment verification etc.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.