Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You have 10-20 years of experience with at least 2 years of relevant Project Engineer experience.
- P.E. license is preferred, but not required.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- You have advanced knowledge of ASHRAE standards and building codes for ventilation, humidity control, load calculations, and duct sizing techniques.
- You have advanced knowledge of key performance parameters for air handlers, pumps, chillers, temperature controls, ductwork accessories, heat exchangers and tanks, and sustainable design.
- You have knowledge of key architectural considerations for HVAC equipment such as fan room sizing, shaft sizing, clearances, ceiling, and interstitial space constraints.
- You have knowledge of key electrical considerations for HVAC equipment such as voltage and phase, motor design, variable frequency drives, disconnect devises, low voltage requirements, and separation of HVAC and electrical equipment.
- You have knowledge of key plumbing and fire protection design considerations
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard practices and loss prevention practices.
- You have working knowledge of CAD methods and procedures.
- You are skilled in MS Office and MS Project.
- You have advanced delegation, mentoring, and team skills.
- You have advanced presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- You have working knowledge of HVAC calculation software tools.
- You are knowledgeable on the overall design process – ability to manage HVAC such that it incorporates the requirements of other design disciplines.
- You have the ability to work independently.
What You'll Do
- You’ll attend meetings each week to report on status of assigned tasks.
- You’ll provide engineering expertise on behalf of the owner for all MEP issues at CPS schools.
- You’ll provide oversight to other AE firms, design reviews to ensure compliance with CPS standards.
- You’ll visit school sites to develop design solutions.
- You’ll contact building engineers and manufacture representatives to resolve emergent equipment issues.
- You’ll develop design packages for implementation by independent AE firms.
- You’ll review mechanical design developed by other AE firms to ensure compliance with CPS standards.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.