Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You’re established in your field with at least 10 to 20 years of mechanical experience under your belt. You have your bachelor’s degree in engineering and at least two years of relevant Project Engineer experience. A PE license will help you stand out, but is not required.
- You know buildings. You have advanced knowledge of: ASHRAE standards and building codes for ventilation, humidity control, load calculations, and duct sizing techniques; and key performance parameters for air handlers, pumps, chillers, temperature controls, ductwork accessories, heat exchangers and tanks, and sustainable design. You’re also knowledgeable in key architectural, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection considerations as they relate to mechanical systems.
- You are proficient with relevant business and engineering applications. You’re skilled in both Microsoft Office and Project and have working knowledge of CAD methods and procedures. You’re also comfortable with HVAC calculation software tools.
- You’re a people person. You have the ability to work independently or in a team. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You’re able to delegate, mentor, and lead as required. Regardless of the audience, your exceptional presentation and communication skills allow you to effectively engage with others.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be a key member of our Chicago Public Schools team. You’ll attend weekly meetings and share your engineering expertise on behalf of the owner for all MEP issues at CPS schools.
- You’ll solve problems. You’ll visit school sites to develop design solutions, and you’ll contact building engineers and manufacturer representatives to resolve emergent equipment issues.
- You’ll develop design packages for implementation by independent AE firms. You’ll also provide oversight to other AE firms and perform design reviews to ensure compliance with CPS standards.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll have flexibility to work remotely, work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.