Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You studied structural/civil engineering. You are a licensed professional engineer with at least eight years of structural bridge design experience and a comprehensive knowledge of the Transportation industry; even better if you also hold a structural engineering license.
- You know bridges. You have extensive engineering and design experience and are familiar with IDOT, ISTHA and other DOT practices and projects. You possess a substantial understanding of the bridge design process, including the construction phase.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, employees, and the management team. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re motivated to be an effective leader in a challenging industry. You can manage time and resources to meet deadlines. You have demonstrated leadership experience and the technical capability to meet the position requirements.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, Microstation and structural analysis and design software proficiency is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll execute complex designs for highway bridges. You’ll lead all aspects of the structural study and design process. You’ll coordinate and perform design activities from data collection to investigative analysis to site inspections.
- You’ll work on challenging assignments that include evaluating, developing and designing highway bridge components utilizing various construction materials. You’ll prepare reports, design plans and specifications and participate in the collection and analysis for structural study and design projects.
- You’ll lead projects. You’ll be charged with ensuring projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget. You’ll also perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculation and drawing preparation.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client, company and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings.
- You’ll assist in the preparation and review of proposals which may require conducting team meetings on a regular basis.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and clients alike. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service. As a lead engineer, you’ll review technical work from junior engineers and other staff, while acting as a mentor and aiding in their professional development.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.