Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re studying electrical engineering and interested in substation design. You are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and have at least three years of coursework under your belt.
- You’re an eager student looking to gain hands-on experience working in an office environment. You’re highly-motivated and looking to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom toward delivering unique solutions for real-world clients. Prior internship experience is a plus, but definitely not required.
- You’re a people person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. Connecting with people is important. You have strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with clients, employees, and managers alike.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications and standards. Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD proficiency is a must. Likewise, you’re familiar with industry standards like NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE, and ANSI.
What You'll Do
- You’ll apply what you’re learning. You’ll create design documents and drawings for new substation projects including wiring diagrams from schematics, generating bill of materials, and applying field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision. You’ll perform engineering support tasks such as protection and control schematics, wiring diagrams, load flow, and short circuit calculations. You’ll also apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, relay coordination, transformer sizing, and load flow and short circuit studies.
- You’ll gain well-rounded experience. Working from our Lisle, IL office on all types of projects, you’ll be mentored by experts in your field to enhance your current classroom curriculum. We learn by doing, so you’ll be given a good deal of responsibility.
- You’ll perfect your customer service skills. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with project engineers, customer representatives, and the other members of your design team.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.