Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You know power. You are a licensed professional engineer or can obtain your PE within one year, and you have at least seven years of substation design experience. You comprehend the power delivery design process, from concept through construction. You possess a strong knowledge of industry codes and standards, including common specifications for substation design.
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is a must; even better if you have a preference for electrical power.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, employees, and the management team. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re motivated to be an effective leader in a challenging industry. You’re excited about leading a team. You can manage time and resources to meet deadlines. You have demonstrated leadership experience and the technical capability to meet the position requirements.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency is a must; a bonus if you also know customer proprietary systems.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead and manage large and complex projects. You’ll oversee and review all project calculations and drawings. You’ll coordinate and prepare operating single lines, equipment layouts and sections, schematics, and wiring diagrams. You’ll prepare scoping documents and engineering estimates.
- You’ll work on challenging assignments that include site visits and field walkdowns while providing coordination for vendor drawing reviews and CAD. Clients will know you as their key problem solver. You’ll also prepare project specifications and enter them into Bill of Material systems, such as Passport.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings. You’ll manage the quality review process. You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, and project filing.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and clients alike. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service. As a senior-level engineer, you’ll act as a mentor for team members and aid in their professional development.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.