Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You’re a leader in the Transportation market. Highly-motivated with at least 20 years of diversified engineering experience, you have advanced leadership and communication skills that enable you to effectively mentor and lead. You’ve spent at least ten years managing a team responsible for the planning, design and construction of engineering projects.
- Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and you’re a licensed professional engineer. A master’s degree will certainly stand out. You have complex design experience with IDOT, ISTHA and other DOTs that complements a well-rounded resume.
- You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You have exceptional presentation skills and a proven ability to mentor and lead a team.
- You’re a strategic thinker that takes planning seriously. You have a proven ability to develop and execute business plans that drive growth and profitability.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead our Transportation division forward. You’ll inspire a team of nearly 40 professionals (and growing) to build upon our 25-year history in the Transportation sector. You’ll contribute to Primera’s strategic planning process to develop, prioritize, and execute strategic goals and initiatives including expansion of Transportation markets and services. You’ll cascade the strategic plan through reinforcing communication to the division and development of effective key manager and employee goals. You will lead the development of key relationships with clients, partner firms, and subconsultants. You may also lead strategic, high visibility client projects.
- You’ll be accountable for the success of the division. You will develop and manage a budget and action plans to achieve division revenue and profit targets. You will monitor and act to ensure project profitability and payment. You will identify and implement improvement actions for division processes, tools and technology.
- You’ll enhance our reputation. Our clients’ trust is critically important to us. You’ll ensure that Primera’s management systems and processes for keeping this trust are followed and continually improved. You will act promptly to identify and manage risks and opportunities in achieving client satisfaction.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You will foster an environment of knowledge sharing and technical expertise. You will model our performance review process for direct reports and mentor managers to build strong, healthy, engaged teams. You will establish development and succession plans for key positions and identify key hires while actively participating in sourcing and recruiting.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.