Primera’s consulting team was selected to provide post-merger integration consulting for the PMO, Project Management, Project Controls and Work Management groups within an east coast utility. Primera assessed, recommended and implemented changes to the following:
- Consolidation and alignment for the parent company’s strategic initiatives including: risk and contingency management, project authorization, performance indicators, position qualifications and training and standardization of project management tools.
- Alignment of project controls processes, procedures and reports to include a complete rebuild of the project controls organization.
- Alignment of contract strategy and contractor management to include quality, contract requirements, performance reporting, onboarding and training, and long-range planning.
- Addressed project and program requirements such as: Project Manager (PM) competency and resources, PM on-boarding and training, knowledge sharing, process mapping and use of the Controls organization.
- Transformed the Work Management organization, processes and procedures and provided consulting services to each organization within the Work Management group to ensure success and reporting on progress measures.
- Transitioned final process and procedures to the sustaining organizations.