Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- Minimum 5 years of experience or technical training in CAD required
- High School diploma required; some College preferred
- Skilled in Microstation and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of IDOT and Illinois Tollway CAD standards.. Knowledge of INDOT, MWRD, Peoples Gas, ComEd, etc. is a plus
- Proficiency with Geopak and/or Civil 3D is preferred; Projectwise is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
What You'll Do
- Responsible for CAD set-up of drawings and sheets for the preparation of structural plan sets
- Prepare CAD Drawings in accordance with company and client CAD standards
- Prepare drawings from engineering markups and/or field markups
- Assist in file management including, but not limited to, scanning, plotting, creating and updating of project drawing lists, and general drawing management
- Prepare drawings for plan set submittals and permit requirements that include local villages, road authorities, rail authorities, etc.
- Archives CAD files in accordance with company and/or client standards
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.