Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You know transportation. You have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and between five to seven years of experience performing civil design experience in airports and/or transportation civil engineering design. A PE license is a plus.
- You have knowledge of codes and standards for airport design and knowledge of key design elements such as grading, drainage, pavement, and utilities.
- You are an energetic and proactive people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members, both technical and non-technical, as well as internal and external design teams. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are a multitasker willing to take on whatever assignments may be needed on any given day.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D are a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll prepare technical calculations for civil engineering airport projects including both landside and airside improvements.
- You’ll assist in the preparation of technical reports, project schedules, plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications, and also review of shop drawings, coordinating responses and design for RFI’s.
- You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, project filing, QA/QC documentation, etc.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and interface with clients, consultants, subconsultants, and vendors.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.