Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You know transportation. You are a licensed professional engineer (PE required) who studied civil engineering and has at least five years of experience performing roadway engineering and preparing plans and special provisions.
- You have the ability to read plans. You understand the disciplines included in a set of Tollway plans and how the various disciplines interrelate.
- You are an energetic and proactive people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members, both technical and non-technical. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are a multitasker willing to take on whatever assignments may be needed on any given day.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and MicroStation proficiency are a must; working knowledge of GeoPak a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll assist the Tollway in delivering a world-class program. As an integral part of CH2M Hill’s Design Corridor Manager office, you’ll review plans, special provisions, and reports for consistency with Corridor standards and design criteria. You’ll prepare alternative studies, as well as develop and evaluate alternatives. You’ll also assist with meeting preparations and documentation, in addition to performing various tasks and tracking progress.
- You’ll work out of CH2M Hill’s Design Corridor Manager’s (DCM) project office at O’Hare International Airport.
- You’ll prepare special projects such as: preparing a corridor-wide mowing/maintenance plan working with DCM design, permitting, land acquisition and agreements staff; updating and monitoring earthwork management for various corridor elements; and evaluating and recommending advance construction projects.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll participate in meetings as well as communicate and coordinate with members of the Design Corridor Manager team, Design Section Engineers, agencies and other stakeholders.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.