Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- Your civil engineering qualifications are impressive. You have a passion for your work, between four and six years of experience, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering, and your PE (IL).
- You have a working knowledge of key civil design elements such as grading, drainage, geometrics, and standard construction practices. You also have knowledge of relevant codes and standards like CDOT, CDWM, IDOT, ADA, AASHTO, and MUTCD. ComEd or other electric utility experience is preferred. Experience with utilities is preferred, but site design and/or transportation experience is acceptable.
- You are a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency, AutoCAD & Civil 3D/Geopak knowledge is a must; Familiarity with Microstation is a plus. You possess knowledge of discipline-specific calculation software tools.
What You'll Do
- You’ll execute designs for both public and private utility projects. You’ll be responsible for designing specific system components for the overall design effort such as storm drainage, oil containment, electrical cable pulling, earthwork quantities, and cost estimates through applying standard practices, and techniques of civil and transportation engineering for private and public projects. You’ll also oversee and review the work of junior engineers in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications. You’ll sign and seal construction documents, CDOT plans for OUC EFP.
- You’ll be responsible for project coordination.
- You’ll continue to develop your professional knowledge and abilities. In carrying out related engineering tasks through the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria, you’ll hone your skills under the supervision of senior civil engineers.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal and external team members and build meaningful relationships with utility owners and city engineers.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.