Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You studied civil engineering. A bachelor’s in civil engineering is a must. Having your EIT is a plus.
- You’re eager to build experience in the transportation market. You have a working knowledge of relevant codes and standards and key design elements.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must; knowledge of AutoCAD is a must; proficiency using MicroStation is preferred, and an understanding of Civil 3D and GeoPak will help set you apart.
What You'll Do
- You’ll execute designs for both public and private civil and transportation projects. You’ll prepare calculations, such as quantity take-off, storm drain, waste water, water system, earthwork quantities, and cost estimates. You’ll assist with field surveys, preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications. You’ll assist with processing submittals and perform plan drafting using CAD software. You’ll also prepare and review sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work.
- You’ll develop your professional knowledge and abilities. In carrying out related engineering tasks through the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria, you will learn to make decisions while under the supervision of the lead engineer, project manager or experienced designer. Decisions will include details of work and preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and begin to build relationships with clients and vendors – with help and guidance from your supervisor, of course.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.