Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a commissioning expert. You possess advanced knowledge of the Cx process for HVAC, as well as LEED rating systems and requirements for commissioning. You’ve also earned, or are motivated to earn, at least one of the following certifications: ASHRAE’s Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP); ACG’s Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA); or BCA’s Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP). LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- You know buildings. You’re a licensed professional engineer, earned your bachelors degree in engineering, and/or have at least 7 years of experience with: building design; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and temperature control systems; construction; operation; and commissioning. A background in facility operation and maintenance will certainly help you stand out!
- You’re a people person. You have superb team building skills, collaborate well with others, and are a strong communicator.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. You understand DDC systems and commissioning software. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must; knowledge of Onset data logging software is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll have a hand in project success. You’ll review Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design documents to ensure they meet the intended requirements, and verify that the program’s goals are properly included in the design documents. You’ll also assist with quality objectives and quality assurance.
- You’ll showcase your commissioning expertise. You’ll prepare commissioning specification sections, design, and construction phase commissioning plans. You’ll facilitate commissioning meetings (and prepare meeting minutes), review submittals, start-up sheets, RFIs, and change orders for commissioned equipment and systems. You’ll prepare Functional Performance Test procedures, review TAB process and final TAB reports, and prepare Final Reports and Systems Manuals to provide a comprehensive project summary to the Owner.
- You’ll help support the growth of our team and assist with preparing proposals for new and existing clients.
- You’ll spend time in the field. You’ll perform field visits to observe installation of commissioned systems and prepare field reports.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.