Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You know design. You have relevant design management experience and earned your bachelors in architecture. While preferred, a license is not required. You have the ability to perform quantity take-offs and advanced cost estimating and edit CSI/MasterSpec for project requirements.
- You’re knowledgeable in local codes and standards. You have a solid understanding of the standards for advanced architectural planning and programming and possess the ability to perform City of Chicago, NFPA, ANSI, and IBC code reviews and prepare code evaluations.
- You’re a highly-motivated people-focused person. You’re friendly and considerate. Connecting and communicating with people is important. It’s important that you work well independently or on a team.
- You are proficient with business and design applications. You’re knowledgeable in discipline-specific design software tools. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency are a must; Microsoft Project is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll manage Chicago Public Schools (CPS) design projects. As part of the Primera/Jacobs project management team, you’ll oversee projects from budgeting through closeout. You’ll oversee the architect of record (AOR) and/or engineer of record (EOR) teams during the design phase, including reviewing AOR/EOR proposals and change orders as well as RFIs and design team/construction team responses. As design manager, you’ll establish the design schedule. You’ll also oversee the individual project permit process as well as the project bid phase for CPS.
- You’ll scope and budget CPS projects. You’ll review school capital requests, develop architectural project scope for budgeting based on the school and CPS requests, oversee development of non-architectural trades for project scope budgeting, and present the proposed scope and budget to CPS. Throughout the design process, you’ll coordinate value engineering to help maintain the established budget.
- You’ll be a main point of contact. You’ll be the main point of contact for communication between CPS and the school Principals. You’ll also facilitate communication between the AORs/EORs and project utilities.
- You’ll visit the project sites. You’ll field survey sites prior to budgeting and also perform weekly project site visits. The CPS Project Manager will maintain the daily project oversite.
- You’ll attend public reviews for proposed projects.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll be a representative of Primera on the Jacobs team. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal and external team members and interface with CPS clients with the goal of building lasting relationships. Similarly, you’ll interface directly with vendors.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.