Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s in electrical engineering is a must; even better if you have a preference for electrical power. Having your EIT and/or MSEE is a plus.
- You know power. You’re equipped with knowledge of engineering standard practices, common specifications for overhead and underground work, and the real estate and permitting process. Likewise, you have a basic understanding of the power delivery/substation interface and associated requirements. You’re still relatively new to the industry, but you bring at least two years of related experience to the job.
- You are a people person. While the ability to work independently is important, you are skilled at interfacing and collaborating effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency are a must; knowledge of customer proprietary systems is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll work on substation design projects. You’ll prepare: transformer sizing and feeder loading calculations and drawings; operating single lines, equipment layouts, and wiring diagrams; cable pulling calculations; field surveys and system documentation; project specifications and enter them into Bill of Material systems such as Passport; project drawings in CAD or TED; as well as project exhibits.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings. You’ll also coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with all specifications, codes, and client requirements too.
- You’ll keep things organized. You’ll be responsible for project CAD coordination and maintain project documentation for things like calculations, project filings, etc.
- You’ll perform peer reviews with some oversight and support from your supervisor.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and interface with clients with the goal of building lasting relationships.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.