Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re studying mechanical, electrical or energy engineering. Whether a pre-engineering freshman/sophomore or more advanced in your curriculum, you’re passionate about what you’re learning and boast a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- You’re an eager student looking to gain hands-on experience working part-time or full-time in an office environment. You’re highly-motivated and looking to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom toward delivering unique solutions for real-world clients. You’re willing to commit to between 16 and 20 hours per week. Prior internship experience is a plus, but definitely not required.
- You’re a people person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. Connecting with people is important. You’ll work side-by-side Primera’s team of facilities engineering experts.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency are a must; Revit is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll apply what you’re learning. You’ll support engineers and architects in the areas of energy, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and/or lighting design. You’ll assist with plan drafting (using CAD software and 3-D modeling) as well as field surveys and documentation. You’ll prepare sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work.
- You’ll gain well-rounded experience. Working on all types of projects, you’ll be mentored by experts in your field to enhance your current classroom curriculum. We learn by doing, so you’ll be given a good deal of responsibility. You’ll be in charge of project documentation, including energy simulations, HVAC equipment sizing, lighting illumination, electrical system sizing, etc.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.