Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You want to grow in your construction inspection career. You have the ability to demonstrate complete competence as an inspector and have experience organizing and maintaining daily reports and photo documentation.
- You meet our education requirements. While a high school diploma is required, at least two years of college is preferred. IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification is also preferred, but not required.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues. Your organization, leadership, and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business applications. Microsoft Office 365 understanding is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be integral to our construction projects. You’ll prepare daily summary reports of construction inspection activities and examine workmanship of finished installations for conformity to contract documents.
- You’ll support transportation, buildings, or utility clients. While our construction team is part of our Transportation division and primarily works on roadway construction projects, you may also have the opportunity to support our Buildings and Utilities clients.
- You’ll connect with people. It’s critical to the work we do. You’ll interface with clients, consultants, subconsultants, and vendors. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $55,000 – $115,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.