Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a licensed professional engineer (P.E.) with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering or Construction Management (or related), and at least 3 years of experience in water/wastewater or transportation engineering, land development design, utility engineering, construction and/or project management, and/or general civil engineering/construction for public infrastructure design and construction.
- You have a demonstrated ability to deliver quality work that is on time, on budget, and to the client’s satisfaction. Previous experience in managing client/public interaction including running project meetings and attending public meetings will make you stand out!
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Working knowledge of ArcGIS®, and applicable design tools are a must.
- You’re a people person and an excellent communicator. You’re a natural at collaborating effectively with a team. Your strong leadership and organization skills will contribute to your success.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be integral in performing engineering review and/or close-out for Force Account projects, in accordance with CDWM policies and standards. Enforce conformance to applicable CDWM policies and standards for assigned projects.
- Examination/review of proposed plans, as prepared by others, for impacts to CDWM facilities.
- Design and produce plans, as well as the necessary paperwork, to temporarily/permanently remove/relocate impacted water facilities.
- Design and produce plans and necessary paperwork for new water service connections.
Review and validate submittals/shop drawings and as-built documents used for construction and record.
- You’ll connect with people. It’s critical to the work we do. You’ll interface with clients, consultants, subconsultants, and vendors. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service.
- Respond to Existing Facility Protection Requests issued by Chicago Office of Underground Coordination.
- Address DWM – Bureau of Engineering Services requests for information on existing facilities and on projects by other agencies.
- Provide technical support to the CDWM-Bureau of Engineering Services on water facility related matters.
- Assist with project status tracking.
- Prepare professional correspondence on behalf of the CHI-DWM and CDWM.
- Support design, pre-construction and construction activities through meetings, communications, engineering review, etc., to best enable success of the project to all stakeholders.
- Provide timely consideration and response to questions and issues raised by office/field CHI-DWM team members, CDWM, other City agencies, design professionals, contractors, and developers.
- Evaluate and support timely resolution of project technical conflicts, during engineering and construction.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.