Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Business Consulting division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver consulting solutions that keep our clients’ businesses moving forward. As if we are an extension of their team, we provide full-service planning, design and implementation business services on everything from Project Management Office organizations to Gap Analysis and Process Improvements, including Reporting Systems and Risk Management for infrastructure systems and assets.
View our Consulting Solutions brochure here.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s in geography, environmental science, urban planning, computer sciences, civil engineering, or similar technical discipline and between one to two years of experience working with GIS technology during internships or academic projects, and/or academic coursework. Having knowledge of gas utilities is a must.
- You have production line work, CAD experience, or drafting/design knowledge in a GIS application.
- You understand how data management and behaviour impacts business requirements, decision making, and back-office workflows.
- You can place field data into a dataset and use information to reconcile discrepancies.
- You have proficiency using Intergraph product (G/Technology, GeoMedia), ESRI (ArcMap, ArcPro ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online), GE Smallworld, and Survey Quality GPS.
- You’re familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel; you’re able to use it productively. Having experience with pivot tables and pivot reporting, advanced formulas, advanced charting, VBA and data tables, simulations, and solver is a must.
- You’re a strong communicator with the ability to explain complex, technical matters with ease, grace, and simplicity so that non-specialist readers understand.
- You’re self-driven and motivated. You can work independently or within a team. You’re able to give and receive feedback.
What You'll Do
- You’ll assist with development and maintenance of GIS data, and mapping and data analysis. You’ll perform production line work and other GIS drafting functions.
- You’ll collaborate and actively contribute towards program progress and team goals through critical thinking, creative solutioning, proactive inquiry, and sharing knowledge with team members. Periodically you’ll also collaborate with gas utility designers, engineers, contracted field crew members, and division business members.
- You’ll participate in field investigations when necessary.
- You’re self-driven and motivated; you willingly develop enhanced or adapt skills to meet objectives.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.