Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
This position will work as part of the Utilities team, primarily working in GIS. Recent work has included adapting maps in Intergraph G/Technology to reflect updated information provided through LocusView field data. Other work has focused on data quality checks in GE Smallworld and a host of analysis and integration efforts utilizing the ESRI software suite. Daily tasks may include but are not limited to analyzing and extrapolating data and other forms of information, manipulating map features, and communicating with team members and stakeholders. A successful GIS Drafter will take initiative, be willing to ask questions and master new processes, exhibit strong problem-solving abilities, and embody a sense of responsibility for how the job relates to real world impact..
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Geography, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Computer Sciences, Civil Engineering, or similar technical discipline
- Production line work, CAD experience, or drafting/design knowledge in a GIS application
- Proficient in Excel and able to use Excel productively, experience with pivot tables and pivot reporting, advanced formulas, advanced charting, VBA and data tables, simulations, and solver
- Ability to place field data into a dataset and use information to reconcile discrepancies
- Ability to work independently, yet within a team, giving and receiving feedback
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
What You'll Do
- Intergraph product (G/Technology, GeoMedia)
- ESRI (ArcMap, ArcPro ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online)
- GE Smallworld
- Survey Quality GPS
- Knowledge of gas utilities
- 0-2 years’ experience working with GIS technology during internships or academic projects, and/or academic coursework
- Understanding of how data management and behaviour impacts business requirements, decision making, and back-office workflows
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex, technical matters with ease, grace, and simplicity so that non-specialist readers understand
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.