Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You have between zero to two years of experience working with GIS technology during internships or academic projects, and/or academic coursework, and have some knowledge of gas utilities.
- You have a bachelor’s in geography, environmental science, urban planning, computer sciences, or similar technical discipline.
- You understand how data management and behaviour impacts business requirements, decision making, and back-office workflows.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Excel and able to use it productively. Having experience with pivot tables and pivot reporting, advanced formulas, advanced charting, VBA and data tables, simulations, and solver is a must.
- You have knowledge of Intergraph product (G/Technology, GeoMedia), ESRI (ArcMap, ArcPro ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online), GE Smallworld, or Survey Quality GPS.
- You have the ability to place field data into a dataset and use information to reconcile discrepancies.
- Your written and oral communication skills are strong. You can explain complex, technical matters with ease, grace, and simplicity so that non-specialist readers understand.
- You can work well independently or within a team, and are able to share and receive feedback.
What You'll Do
- You’ll assist with development and maintenance of GIS data, mapping and data analysis.
- You’ll participate in field investigations when necessary.
- You’ll collaborate with gas utility designers, engineers, and field crew members, & actively contribute towards program progress and team goals through critical thinking, creative solutioning, proactive inquiry, and sharing knowledge with team members.
- You’ll perform production line work and other GIS drafting functions.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.