Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Corporate team is a talented group of HR, marketing, IT, finance and administrative professionals that band together to continuously move our company forward. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, we connect with people across the organization to support all aspects of our company’s operations.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge and technical fluency in various employment related laws, compliance requirements, and principles and practices of human resources administration is essential
- Must safeguard confidential information
- Must be well-organized, reliable, self-motivated, work well under pressure, and have strong written/verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and exude professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness, and a commitment to internal/external customer satisfaction
- Word, Excel, and database proficiency required; PowerPoint a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 5 years of related Human Resources experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of recruiting activities including posting job openings, screening applications/resumes, conducting phone/in-person interviews, documenting interviews, setting up interview appointments, preparing recruiting packets, coordinating travel arrangements, conducting background/reference checks, making recommendations, scheduling drug tests, and preparing related correspondence, etc.
- Prepare new hire/benefits packets and conduct new hire/benefits orientation. Respond to employees benefits inquiries and assist with claims issues. Assist with the administration of the benefits programs. Interface with benefits providers, insurance brokers, and other vendors as needed. Complete First Report of Injury and report incidents to the workers compensation provider. Maintain OSHA log and follow up with injured employees.
- Maintain various HR databases (i.e. recruiting, training, professional licenses/certifications, etc.) and related records. Follow up with managers to ensure training completion and training effectiveness. Coordinate training/meeting activities.
- Provide assistance with employee relations activities. Conduct employee counseling sessions and exit interviews.
- Prepare and compose various documents including letters, memos, flyers, announcements, newsletter articles, etc. Collect, edit, and format newsletter articles. Set-up, maintain, and audit personnel files and records. Follow up on discrepancies, missing information, expired documents, etc. Respond to employment verification requests, etc. Maintain a supply of forms, pamphlets, literature, discount coupons, etc. Update bulletin boards.
- Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned. Provide back-up support to other departments as needed.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.