Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You know bridge and roadway structures. You have at least 10 years of experience in the transportation market, and you’re knowledgeable of relevant codes and standards (AASHTO, IDOT, ISTHA, AREMA) and key structural elements such as bridges superstructure and substructure, retaining walls, beams, columns/piers, connection and foundation systems. Experience with bridge inspection, including completed NHI training, will set you apart.
- You studied structural/civil engineering and earned a bachelor’s degree along with your Illinois PE. A master’s degree in structural engineering and/or your SE will help stand out.
- You’re a people person with a passion for leading others. You’re a natural at collaborating effectively with your team. You’re just as comfortable working independently as you are with others. Your strong leadership, organization, and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD proficiency are a must. Experience with GeoPak/Open Bridge Modeler and/or Civil 3D is a plus. Knowledge of structural calculation software tools like Midas, DCalc, ConSpan, STADD, LEAP, MDX, LPile, etc. will help you stand out.
- You’re ready for the next big thing. You’re excited about the opportunity to lead a dynamic and growing team and further develop your structural engineering talent.
What You'll Do
- You’ll help lead our structural team forward. You’ll manage both projects and people. You’ll be responsible for designing bridge, culvert, and retaining wall structures as well as performing field investigations through the application of standard structural engineering practices and techniques for private and public projects. You’ll also assist in the preparation of structural plans, specifications, cost estimates, supporting documents, and permit applications. You’ll be responsible for the development of project scopes, budgets, invoices, schedules, and progress reports as well as overseeing and reviewing work performed by others to ensure adherence to Primera’s QA/QC guidelines.
- You’ll flex your business development chops. You’ll build positive relationships with clients on projects and have a hand in marketing Primera services to existing and potential clients. You’ll also assist in the preparation and review of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates.
- You’ll handle the overall project coordination. You’ll connect and collaborate internally and externally with coworkers, vendors, and clients, and maintain project documentation such as calculations and project filing.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You’ll foster an environment of knowledge sharing and technical expertise. You’ll help mentor and train your team while you continue to grow yourself.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.