Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You’re an engineer/technician with at least 7 years of construction experience with an understanding of how materials such as soils, asphalt, concrete and various materials are incorporated into the project.
- You have the required certifications. You must have a current IDOT Contract Documentation certification and IDOT PCC and HMA Level I and II and IDOT S33 certifications are a plus.
- You understand the IDOT Project Procedures Guide and have experience with Tollway’s E-Builder and I-MIRS systems as well as IDOT’s ICORS/CMMS systems.
What You'll Do
- You’ll review and manage construction documents and contractors’ quality control field inspector reports for overall understanding of the project(s) and approve all materials submittal packages for conformance.
- You’ll ensure that selection of materials and products are IDOT and ISTHA approved and conform to quality requirements and applicable standards and specifications.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll interface directly with consultants, subconsultants, and contractors. You’ll build strong relationships with clients such as: IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Counties and Municipalities.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $60,000 – $70,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.