Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a rising star in the mechanical engineering field. You have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or architectural engineering and at least 5 to 8 years of experience under your belt. A PE license will help you stand out, but it’s not required.
- You know buildings. You have advanced knowledge of industry standards and building codes as well as loss prevention practices.
- You are proficient with relevant business and engineering applications. You’re skilled in both Microsoft Office and Project and have working knowledge of CAD methods and procedures in AutoCAD and/or Microstation. You’re also comfortable with HVAC calculation software tools.
- You’re a highly-motivated people person. You’re like to get things done. You have the ability to work independently or in a team. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You’re able to delegate, mentor, and lead as required. Regardless of the audience, your exceptional presentation and communication skills allow you to effectively engage with others.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead design on mechanical HVAC systems for new and existing buildings, including renewable and sustainable technologies that provide the best value to building owners. You’ll prepare calculations, drawings, and specifications; perform condition assessments; assist with construction cost estimates; and prepare punch lists. You’ll also review shop drawings and resolve RFIs.
- You’ll manage projects. You’ll develop the work plan and present conceptual designs. You’ll oversee the budget, schedule, and scope while ensuring the project adheres to Primera’s quality improvement and review processes. More importantly, you’ll represent Primera at client meetings, keep an eye out for technical issues, and provide solutions with minimal supervision.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll have flexibility to work remotely, work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.