Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied construction management and/or utility design. You have a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in construction management, engineering, landscape architecture, environmental or a related field. While this is an entry-level position, you have some familiarity with ComEd’s Real Estate, LX and Environmental Standard Practices and understand the construction permitting process.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface, collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members, technical or not. You’re able to work independently, yet you have a natural ability to interpret and meet the needs or internal and external stakeholders.
- You’re good with maps and drawings. Permitting requires us to understand the scope of the work. You understand construction drawings and maps in addition to the data within Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- You’re a detail-oriented, multi-task-loving analyst. We need someone who can effectively handle multiple priorities, organize his or her workload, and meet demanding deadlines. You remain highly attentive to detail and processes while juggling several complex projects at the same time.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and Newforma or other project management/tracking software skills are critical; knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to review exhibits for presentation and accuracy is a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll prepare, submit and obtain permits and requests. Not only are you a details fanatic, but you are also friendly and can develop positive working relationships across all levels. You’re also diligent and can maintain all project documentation appropriately and track permit submittals and approvals.
- You’ll ensure adherence to company and industry standards. You’ll apply our standards and guidelines in developing permitting requests. You’ll maintain project documentation and resolve technical issues. You’ll also maintain and report weekly schedule and budget progress.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and at times with clients as well.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.