Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
General Summary: The Plumbing Engineer I is an entry-level engineering job. The Plumbing Engineer I should be degreed, have classroom and/or intern experience with basic Plumbing principles, possess strong CAD skills, have the ability to communicate and interact with others, and be able to support engineers/architects on projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Plumbing calculations using approved software
- Complete fixture schedules, size piping, size pumps, size tanks and heat exchangers under supervision
- Prepare drawings, including relevant detail sheets and schematics under supervision
- Assists with field surveys of Plumbing equipment and systems
- Responsible for Project CAD Coordination
- Maintains project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- Interfaces with vendors under supervision
What You'll Do
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ASPE standards
- Knowledge of key performance parameters for plumbing fixtures
- Knowledge of key architectural considerations for plumbing equipment such as mechanical room sizing, shaft sizing, clearances, ceiling and interstitial space constraints
- Knowledge of key electrical considerations for plumbing equipment such as voltage and phase, disconnect devises, low voltage requirements, and separation of plumbing and electrical equipment
- Skilled in MS Office
- Skilled in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Team skills and communication skills
- Knowledge of plumbing calculation software tools
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 0 years of experience
- B.S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering required
- EIT preferred
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401(k) match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement, and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees that are focused on offering engaging social, wellness, and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.