Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You know the plumbing design process and have at least 5 years of experience. A bachelor’s in mechanical or architectural engineering is required. Having your EIT is a must. While preferred, a license is not required.
- You understand the key electrical and architectural considerations for plumbing equipment such as mechanical room sizing, shaft sizing, clearances, ceiling and interstitial space constraints, voltage and phase, disconnect devices, low voltage requirements, and separation of plumbing and electrical equipment.
- You are a people person. While the ability to work independently is important, you are skilled at interfacing and collaborating effectively with other team members at all levels. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Revit are a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll exercise your mechanical engineering skills. You’ll prepare: drawings, including relevant detail sheets and schematics, and plumbing calculations; and punchlists under supervision. Likewise, you’ll complete fixture schedules, size piping, size pumps, size tanks and heat exchangers. You’ll also assist with the review of shop drawings and offer your opinion of probable cost for Division 23 equipment and systems.
- You’ll spend some time in the field. You’ll perform surveys and field observations of plumbing systems and equipment.
- You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and interface with clients with the goal of building lasting relationships.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.