Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ASPE standards and building codes for sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic hot and cold water systems, compressed air, natural gas piping and specialty gas/water systems.
- Knowledge of key performance parameters for water heaters, pumps, heat exchangers and tanks, Plumbing fixtures and sustainable design.
- Knowledge of key architectural considerations for Plumbing equipment such as mechanical room sizing, shaft sizing, clearances, ceiling and interstitial space constraints.
- Knowledge of key electrical considerations for Plumbing equipment such as voltage and phase, motor design, disconnect devises, low voltage requirements, and separation of Plumbing and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of key HVAC design considerations.
- Knowledge of industry standard practices and loss prevention practices.
- Skilled in MS Office.
- Team skills and communication skills.
- Skilled in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Delegation skills.
- Knowledge of Plumbing calculation software tools.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- PE preferable, but not required.
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares Plumbing calculations using approved templates and software.
- Sizes piping, pumps and water heaters.
- Prepares plumbing drawings, including relevant detail sheets and schematics with supervision.
- Performs condition assessment surveys, field observations of Plumbing equipment and systems.
- Interfaces with vendors; evaluates/selects equipment under supervision.
- Assists with opinions of probable cost for basic Division 23 equipment and systems.
- Prepares punchlists under supervision.
- Maintains project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- Assists with review of shop drawings under supervision.
- Prepares Plumbing design input documentation.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.