Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a professional engineer (P.E.) with a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil, environmental or chemical engineering or related discipline. Preferred candidates will have 7-10 years of related project management and technical project delivery experience for projects in the municipal water sector. Preferred experience working and managing projects for municipal clients in Chicago.
- You have a demonstrated ability to deliver quality work serving as Project Manager on major watermain projects, acting as primary contact with the owner, and being responsible for project scope, schedule, budget and quality management, as well as management of multi-disciplinary AE design teams and consultants.
- Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water services capabilities in Chicago. Providing technical support, project management support or quality management services for projects.
- You’re a people person. Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key owner decision makers while participating and contributing to staff hiring to enhance growth.
What You'll Do
Primera Engineer, Ltd. currently has an exciting opportunity for Senior Project Managers in our growing Chicago office working directly in the Project Management Office (PMO) that serve project needs for the Chicago Department of Water Management on a multi-year effort. In that position, you will be a design phase project manager for design and construction projects for watermain replacement projects in areas served by the Chicago Department of Water Management. You will be working with a large Project Management Office (PMO) team that is managing a wide variety of related projects.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.