Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You are an expert engineer. You have a bachelor’s in engineering, your PE license, and between 10 and 20 years of mechanical engineering experience.
- You know buildings. You’ve designed HVAC systems for large and complex projects. You possess expert-level knowledge of ASHRAE standards and industry codes, as well as loss prevention practices. You know buildings temperature controls and automation, retro commissioning, and monitoring based commissioning. You have a solid understanding of key plumbing and fire protection design considerations. Quality matters.
- You design for performance. You have advanced knowledge of key performance parameters for air handlers, pumps, chillers, temperature controls, ductwork accessories, heat exchangers and tanks, and sustainable design.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface, mentor and collaborate effectively with your team members. At the same time, you work well independently. Your strong organization, delegation, presentation and communication (both written and verbal) skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project proficiency are a must; as is a working knowledge of AutoCAD methods and procedures.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead the design of HVAC systems for new and existing buildings. Your projects will be large and/or complex, which may include designs with high profit or technical risk, designs for new clients, or projects within unknown jurisdictions. As the expert, you’ll prepare and review/supervise calculations, drawings, specifications and punchlists. You’ll perform design basis as well as condition assessments and feasibility studies. You’ll also both perform and review construction cost estimates and prepare and present conceptual/schematic designs.
- You’ll manage projects. You’ll be responsible for quality assurance, review and improvements and the coordination of tasks and personnel. You’ll resolve RFIs and develop work plans. You’ll monitor and resolve technical issues and manage the budgeting, scheduling, and scoping tasks on high-profile projects.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply client or industry standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures in preparing designs. You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations and project filing.
- You’ll participate in marketing. Working with our marketing experts, you assist in proposal preparation and other efforts as required to build Primera’s book of business.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members, vendors and clients. You’ll represent Primera at client meetings. You’ll build relationships at all levels and mentor staff.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.