Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You know power. You are a licensed professional engineer with at least six years of electrical distribution design experience and a comprehensive understanding of the Utilities design processes from concept through construction. You possess a strong knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s in electrical engineering is a must; even better if you have a preference for electrical power.
- You are a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, employees, and the management team. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re motivated to be an effective leader in a challenging industry. You’re excited about the prospect of building and leading a team of engineers and designers. You can manage time and resources to meet deadlines. You have demonstrated leadership experience and the technical capability to meet the position requirements.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must; AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or Asset Suite are a plus.
What You'll Do
- You’ll execute complex designs for overhead and underground power installations. You’ll coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- You’ll work on challenging assignments that include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of overhead/underground distribution engineering and constructability related issues.
- You’ll lead projects. You’ll be charged with ensuring projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget. You’ll also perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- You’ll assist in the preparation and review of proposals and cost estimates.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and clients alike. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service. As a senior engineer, you’ll act as a mentor for team members and aid in their professional development.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information on Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.