Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re studying civil engineering with a focus on structural. You’re enrolled in an ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree program. You’re at least a Junior or more advanced in your curriculum, have completed a surveying course, you’re passionate about what you’re learning, and boast a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- You’re an eager student looking to gain hands-on experience working in an office environment. You’re highly-motivated and looking to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom toward delivering unique solutions for real-world clients. Prior internship experience is a plus, but definitely not required.
- You’re a people person. You’re friendly and have a sense of humor. Connecting with people is important. You’ll work side-by-side Primera’s team of electrical and civil engineering experts.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. You are knowledgeable in AutoCAD; RISA 3D and Revit will help you stand out.
What You'll Do
- You’ll apply what you’re learning. You’ll apply standard engineering practices and techniques to prepare sketches, technical comparisons, and calculations for reinforced concrete beam and slab design. You’ll also perform plan and detail drafting using CAD software.
- You’ll gain well-rounded experience. Working from our Lisle, IL office on all types of projects, you’ll be mentored by experts in your field to enhance your current classroom curriculum. We learn by doing, so you’ll be given a good deal of responsibility. You’ll assist with field surveys and in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for private and public work projects.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.