Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You understand utility design. You’re a CAD enthusiast with at least five years of experience with power delivery systems; an associate’s degree in design/drafting is preferred. You are knowledgeable of the overall design process and industry standard practices.
- You’re a team player, a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re a multitask-loving, detail-oriented designer. You’re meticulous and have a knack for quality. You work well independently and have the ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines. We need someone who can draft with the best of them.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or Microstation proficiency is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll flex your design muscle. You’ll prepare physical layout drawings for substations and produce electrical plans and sections as well as grounding and conduit drawings. You’ll prepare bills of materials and review drawings and specifications. Naturally, you’ll also maintain all associated project documentation, including scoping documents, design input documentation, quality check lists, project filing, and so on.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client, company, and industry standards. The details make the difference and quality assurance matters. You’ll learn client-specific standards to prepare electrical plans and sections and apply our standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures as well. You’ll be tasked with managing the quality review process for your projects.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with, and learn from, senior-level designers and engineers to resolve design issues.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $75,000 – $110,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.