Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You enjoy project management and know the power industry. Highly motivated with three to five years experience in the engineering of substations, including field experience and two years of being a project engineer.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. You are an expert at communicating highly technical issues with clients and management teams.
- You’re a detailed and analytical enthusiast. You’re meticulous and have a knack for quality. We need someone who can strictly manage the overall design and project delivery process. You enjoy numbers and the audit process. Yet, your delegation, mentoring and team skills will also contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project proficiency is a must; better if you have a working knowledge of AutoCAD too and a working knowledge of Discipline-specific calculation software tools.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead and manage signature projects. You’ll conduct project initiation and planning. You will develop and manage project plans including budgets, schedules, resource plans, and communication plans. You will monitor progress and initiate action items to resolve exceptions or variances to the plan. You will provide monthly financial updates, initiate client invoicing, and follow through on receivables. Clients will know you as their point of contact and their key problem solver.
- You’ll enhance our reputation. You’ll ensure that Primera’s management systems and processes for keeping our clients’ trust are followed and continually improved. You will act promptly to identify and manage risks and opportunities in achieving client satisfaction.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry. You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, and project filing. You’ll also perform Quality Assurance Reviews.
- You’ll assist in business development and marketing efforts. You’ll contribute to the proposal process for key clients or multi-divisional projects. You’ll also manage or assist in negotiation of additional services for scope changes.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.