Primera Engineers continues down the path of its National growth strategy with new offices, employee relocations, and key hires that made 2018 a historic year for Primera’s regional growth. The landmark moves are the direct result of Primera’s five-year growth strategy set in place in 2016 after the transition of ownership to now President & CEO, Erin Inman.
- Mid-Atlantic: With offices in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania and Tysons Corner, Virginia, Primera’s East Coast team has grown to nearly 20 power and consulting experts in support of utility clients across the region. Our Buildings team also continues to make connections across the area, most notably providing LEED fundamental and enhanced commissioning for Comcast’s new 60-story Innovation and Technology Center in Philadelphia. The building welcomed its first tenants in 2018.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Primera established an office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa earlier this year and relocated Iowa-born-and-raised civil engineering expert Chad Dillavou to lead the charge there. Primera’s Iowa presence will allow the firm to offer our Buildings and Transportation expertise, in particular, to the State’s impressive healthcare, education and transportation industries. “As a transportation engineer, I am passionate about anything related to traffic and safety and am excited to use my knowledge in my hometown,” he boasts.
- Indianapolis, Indiana: Primera began our Indiana story in late 2013 with an office in Munster and has steadily grown our team to support clients across the Hoosier State, including the Indiana Department of Transportation. As we continue to focus on building relationships statewide, we are focused on establishing ourselves in Indianapolis as well. In 2018, we began our relationship with Indianapolis Power & Light and have had several employees traveling back and forth to support new project work.
- Louisville, Kentucky: Primera’s commitment to Louisville became official in October of this year with the introduction of a local office. With work underway for Louisville Gas & Electric, we also welcomed our first engineer in support of our growth in the Kentuckiana region – Chad Kiliniski. Our Louisville hub will play a major role in our ability to properly serve, and connect with, local buildings, transportation, utilities, and business consulting clients.
- St. Louis, Missouri: Long-time Primera employee Amanda Beck Larkin moved her family south in support of our growth in the greater St. Louis area last Summer. Primera has been busy establishing a strong connection with Ameren Illinois and Ameren Missouri, completing more than 25 projects in the past few years. With Amanda’s addition to the region, we’re able to carry the unique culture that has made Primera successful across state lines. This will allow us to deliver the same relationship-based service that has delighted our Chicagoland clients for decades.
“I am proud of the continued growth and progress we have made in the last two-plus years toward our strategic goals,” says Erin Inman. “Primera has enjoyed tremendous success in the Chicagoland area for the last 30 years and will continue to serve our long list of clients and partners with the first-class service they know to expect from us. Beyond solidifying our legacy locally, the steps we are taking today will start to write the next chapter of Primera’s great story,” she continues.
Founded in 1987, Primera is a full-service, woman-owned engineering design and consulting firm dedicated to developing meaningful client relationships that allow us to provide best-in-class client service. Primera offers a wide range of business consulting and professional services in the buildings, transportation and utility environments, including: mechanical, electrical, plumbing (M/E/P), civil, structural and telecommunications engineering, as well as commissioning, energy, architecture, sustainability, life safety, lighting, project and construction management.