Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You’re studying civil engineering. Whether a pre-engineering freshman/sophomore or more advanced in your curriculum, you’re passionate about what you’re learning and boast a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- You’re an eager student looking to gain hands-on experience working in the field on construction projects. You’re highly-motivated and looking to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom toward delivering unique solutions for real-world clients. Prior internship experience is a plus, but definitely not required.
- You’re a people person. Connecting with people is important. You’ll work side-by-side with Primera’s team of transportation engineering and technician experts.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must and willing to learn new construction applications.
What You'll Do
- You’ll apply what you’re learning. You will support construction engineers and technicians on construction projects including the installation of various underground utilities, resurfacing and reconstruction of roadways and the rehabilitation and replacement of bridges. You will learn to understand and read project plans and specifications.
- You’ll gain well-rounded experience. Working on all types of projects, you’ll be mentored by experts in the construction field. . We learn by doing, so you’ll be given a good deal of responsibility. You’ll be in charge of project documentation and measuring the work performed by contractors. You will witness standard construction operations such as excavating, paving, concrete pours, traffic control and more.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- Resume-building experience in a professional environment that can help you launch a successful engineering career
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.