Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You have the ability to demonstrate complete competence as a Resident Engineer leading projects.
- You meet our education requirements. A civil engineering degree and professional license is preferred but not required if appropriate experience is demonstrated. IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification is required.
- Your skill set includes managing construction projects as a Resident Engineer, including but not limited to managing staff on the project, working closely with contractors, and serving as the contact person in the field for our clients.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues. Your organization, leadership, and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business applications. Microsoft Office 365 understanding is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be integral to our construction projects throughout the City of Chicago with the Chicago Department of Water Management and/or Chicago Department of Transportation. Projects may include installation of utilities such as water and sewer main pavement and restoration, ADA ramp compliance, streetscape, and resurfacing projects.
- You have the ability to chair progress meetings, the technical expertise in several construction inspection activities and can examine workmanship of finished installations for conformity to contract documents.
- You’ll connect with people. It’s critical to the work we do. You’ll interface with clients, consultants, subconsultants, and vendors. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.