Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied structural/civil engineering. You earned your bachelors degree and are eager to gain experience in the utilities industry. While prior experience is not required, your EIT is.
- You understand structural design. You know applicable codes and standards (IBC, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC) and possess design knowledge of key structural elements in structural steel and reinforced concrete.
- You’re excited about on-the-job training. You’ll learn from more senior engineers and spend time in the field. You need to have the ability to go into OSHA-defined spaces once we get you the training you need.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with others. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and/or Microstation, and FEM Software (RISA3D preferred) are necessary, Revit is a plus. You also have basic knowledge of design-specific calculation software tools.
What You'll Do
- You’ll gain invaluable structural engineering experience. You’ll prepare structural design calculations for reinforced concrete, structural steel, wood, and masonry structures for utility-related projects. You’ll prepare sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work. You’ll review shop drawings and recommend necessary changes. You’ll also assit with field surveys and in the preparation of improvement plans, supporting documents, and permit applications for private and public works projects.
- You’ll perform plan drafting. You’ll develop your CAD skills and be responsible for project CAD coordination. Additionally, you’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members, you’ll build strong relationships and learn the importance of superior client service, and you’ll interface with vendors with the support of your supervisor.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.