Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re an Experienced Electrical Distribution Engineer with Group Management experience. Highly-motivated with at least 8-10 years of experience in above and below ground utility distribution (4kV – 34kV), you have management and communication skills that enable you to effectively lead large or complex projects for investor-owned utilities, developers or campuses.
- Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. A PE is a must, an MBA, a PMP, or MSEE will certainly stand out. You have experience with a wide array of utility projects including reliability, capacity expansion, network centers, and facility relocations. You have hands on experience with project management, staff development, writing proposals, and building teams.
- You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You have exceptional presentation skills and a proven ability to mentor and lead a team.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be accountable for the success of your group. You will mentor and develop the talent in your group both technically and in the softer skills. You will assign staff to projects based on competency and availability to meet project deliverables. You will monitor progress and assure conformance to quality management processes. You will manage the group’s billability, productivity, and project budget performance.
- You’ll lead signature proposals and projects. You’ll work with the marketing team to respond to large, complex proposals. You will contribute to or lead signature and complex projects for key clients ensuring that the team is successfully meeting the client’s objectives. You’ll also perform independent reviews of work performed by others.
- You’ll enhance our reputation. Our clients’ trust is critically important to us. You’ll ensure that Primera’s management systems and processes for keeping this trust are followed and continually improved. You will act promptly to identify and manage risks and opportunities in achieving client satisfaction.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You will continue to learn and grow while also developing, sharing, and educating our staff in engineering best practices, knowledge, and tools.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it!
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $110,000 – $160,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.