Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- Knowledge of codes and standards (UBC, IBC, ACI, AISC, wood and masonry)
- Design knowledge of key structural elements such as beam, column, connection, and floor
- Skilled in Finite Element Method Analysis, MS Office, in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Team skills and communication skills
- Revit experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis
- PE, SE – Illinois required
What You'll Do
- Prepare/review structural design calculations for wood, concrete, structural steel, and masonry structures for both private and public facilities projects
- Prepare/review sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with engineers and technicians within the group
- Reviews shop drawings and recommends necessary changes
- Assists with field surveys and in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for private and public work projects
- Performs preliminary plan drafting using CAD software. Responsible for Project CAD Coordination
- Maintains project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- Interfaces with vendors and clients under supervision
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.